Best 14 WordPress GDPR Plugins Compared - 2019
Last modified: October 22, 2019
- WP GDPR Compliance Plugin
- WP GDPR Plugin
- GDPR Cookie Consent
- Ultimate GDPR Compliance Toolkit for Wordpress Plugin
- GDPR Compliance Suite Plugin
- Privatecontent-Multilevel Content Plugin
- Weepie Cookie-Complete GDPR Cookie Consent Solution for Wordpress Plugin
- Delete Me Wordpress Plugin
- WP Security Audit Log Plugin
- Limit Login Attempts Reloaded Plugin
- GDPR Cookie Compliance Plugin
- Wider Gravity Forms Stop Entries Plugin
- WP YouTube Lyte Plugin
- The All-in-one GDPR compliance Plugin
WordPress GDPR Plugins
Come 25th May 2018, any website serving EU residents will need to be GDPR compliant. The GDPR will be in full force, and your business should seek to upgrade its site. Failure to comply, you might end up on the wrong side of the law. WordPress plugins are readily available to help you make your website GDPR compliant. Here are the plugins to offer your WordPress powered site, GDPR compliance. See here for the best GDPR compliant WordPress themes.
Filter between free and paid
WP GDPR Compliance Plugin
WP GDPR Compliance Plugin Features
This plugin is designed to work flawlessly on WordPress and has the following features.
- Forget me feature: With this feature you allow your users to delete their data from your website.
- Data breach notification: The data user is notified of any possible data breach.
- Contact DPO: The plugin allows you to add a contact DPO which provides a form that can be used to fill other data related questions. Then this form is exported to Data Privacy Officer (DPO).
- Other features include request data archive, cookie popup consent and newsletter unsubscribe.
This plugin integrates with the major WordPress add-ons namely contact form 7, gravity, woocommerce and WordPress comments.
WP GDPR Plugin
This plugin helps the data controller, data processor, and data protection officer fulfill rights and obligations enacted in GDPR. WP GDPR especially allows users to access their data a URL which can be emailed to them upon a request. The users can view their data on your website, and in this page, the user can download their sensitive data. Similarly, he can revise comments and issue requests for data deletion.
WP GDPR enjoys integration with MailChimp, woocommerce, gravity forms, flamingo and contact form DB7.
WP GDPR Plugin
This plugin comes with various features which include:-
- Consent management
- It offers the right to delete website data giving two options in the confirmation email.
- Also, there is contact information publishing and setting of the data processor.
- The user is given the right to access data via admin dashboard, can look up email and export.
- The user is again offered the right to access data by front-end requests button; with double opt-in (email) confirmation.
- There is a feature for logs of data breach notification and batch email to the data subject.
- There is the provision for telemetry tracker to visualize plugins and website data.
GDPR Cookie Consent
This GDPR plugin allows websites to comply with the law regarding the usage of the cookies. The plugin helps add a cookie consent bar on the website which informs the users about the usage of cookies and allows them to express their consent.
The plugin helps the websites to install cookies based on the users’ consent. Using this plugin the users can also be provided the option to reverse their consent.
In addition, the plugin offers the following features.
- Display the cookie notification as a banner, popup, or a widget
- Customize the banner to match with the theme of the website
- Manage the list of cookies
- Display an audit of the cookies used on the website using a simple shortcode
- Option to record consent when the user scrolls or on a delay of specific time after the page is loaded
Ultimate GDPR Compliance Toolkit for Wordpress Plugin
Ultimate GDPR Compliance Toolkit for WordPress Plugin Features
This plugin allows you to fulfill all GDPR requirements through the following:
- Provision of dedicated form that enables users to access personal data stored in your database.
- Provision of dedicated forms that allow user request for deletion of personal data.
- Generates dedicated cookie consent box and blocks all cookies until consent is granted.
- Sends a global email to alert users in the event of a data breach.
- The plugin pseudonymizes user data stored in your database.
- A configuration of redirects for your terms and conditions, also privacy terms until the user gives consent.
This plugin is available in the major global languages. It provides for integration with the most popular WordPress add-ons like woocommerce, gravity form, MailChimp, BuddyPress and more.
GDPR Compliance Suite Plugin
Another feature is automatic generation of user requests for deletion of sensitive personal data. There is also the feature to allow the user to serve a request for data rectification. Also, it provides a dedicated table for site owners to process user requests.
Privatecontent-Multilevel Content Plugin
This plugin provides you with advanced capabilities to control user permissions in WordPress. You can limit access to parts of your WordPress, incorporate private pages and additional management features. This plugin is an intuitive, complete protection solution and can restrict access to any element.
This plugin is flexible, and you can customize its functionality in many ways. You can change user permissions by creating custom categories. Various categories can be assigned to the users to give handful options for specifying permissions. You enjoy the privilege to manipulate user accessibility to the database.
This control is granted by some features namely organize users, private user page, website lock, restrict access among others.
Privatecontent-Multilevel Content Plugin Features
Its features include:-
- Users membership: It offers unlimited user levels, user level assignments and flexible registration forms. Also avails google analytics integration to track user actions.
- Content restriction system: It provides a private-content shortcode with a warning box (optional) that has register or login buttons. In this feature, you also get advanced restriction wizard and a helper in any public post. The plugin also enables you to hide comments form and offers a modal lightbox for user interaction.
- Form framework: This includes flexible field structure, form pages that split fields into sections, text blocks and password strength configuration. It also includes an anti-spam system like the reCAPTCHA or honey-pot. Another of the form framework feature is allowing for logging forms alignment and registration.
Weepie Cookie-Complete GDPR Cookie Consent Solution for Wordpress Plugin
This WordPress plugin enables you to comply with the cookie law of any country. It offers flexibility in the choice of cookie consent. You can choose a consent based on your website.
Is Cookie Law GDPR Sensitive?
Yes. If you own a European website or one that is directed to European citizens; website visitors have to be notified of specific privacy sensitive cookies on your site. Based on your cookie application, this consent can be implicit or implied. This plugin allows you to comply with the cookie law of your country in your separate way.
Features of Weepie Cookie-Complete GDPR Cookie Consent Solution for WordPress Plugin
This cookie plugin offers the following features among others.
- Easy configuration: You can create your consent settings, edit elements like cookie bar colors and text according to your needs.
- Many styling options: You can easily customize elements such as color, text, position, and sizes, closing a cookie notice by adding a cross (X).
- Select consent type for your cookie: You can choose between explicit and implied consent. (Implied means accept after click whereas explicit means accept after a click of the accept button)
- Clear cookies automatically: This feature automatically blocks third-party cookies like facebook, twitter, youtube and google analytics. It also serves an additional option of blocking all iframes automatically.
Delete Me Wordpress Plugin
This plugin helps to address the right to be forgotten. It enables site owners to allow users to delete their data without creating a request for it. A delete button shows on the admin’s profile.php by default. The administrator can also use a shortcode to display it anywhere else in the front end.
Delete Me Plugin Features
Additional features for this plugin include:
- The plugin provides for network activation and also activating single sites in a multisite platform. This plugin allows deletion of user data not only in a single location but also in the entire network.
WP Security Audit Log Plugin
This plugin provides logs for any changes made by internal users. It logs both contents including pages, posts, tags and widgets among others; and functionality. The plugin also logs events relating to woocommerce, BBpress or paid membership pro. The WP Security Audit Log keeps track of external threats like hack attempts.
It also monitors the creation of new user outside predefined working hours. This plugin also keeps vigil on brute force attacks and automated vulnerability scans. It categorizes events in the order of severity, notice, warning or high. You can set up an email alert for any action. For instance, you can configure to receive high alerts when a plugin is deactivated.
This Security Audit Log will help you fulfill the data breaches security measures required by GDPR. It will assist you to discover who was on the site at the time of a data breach. It will show the IP address that was used to log in. The plugin avails useful information for an investigation like the breach was malicious, careless or accidental. The plugin can also provide data breach details to a regulator necessary for his own inquiry.
Limit Login Attempts Reloaded Plugin
This plugin blocks an internet address from making access into a website after the specified access limit. It protects from brute-force attack. This is whereby you try to log into a website repeatedly using a variety of passwords. You will probably get in using password variation because no restriction hinders you. But with limit login attempts plugin you will not go over the restricted limit.
This plugin therefore controls hackers from logging into your website.
Limit Login Attempts Reloaded Plugin Features
Here are the features that come with limit login attempts reloaded plugin.
- Entry limit: Each user is assigned a limit of retry attempts when logging.
- It also limit entry attempts using authorization cookies.
- The user gets information about lock-out time on the logging page.
- It offers you optional email notification and logging.
- The plugin allows you to whitelist or blacklist usernames and IPs.
- It makes your website compatible with Sucuri Website Firewall.
- Provision of XMLRPC gateway protection.
- Offers protection with woocommerce page login.
- Offers compatibility with Multi-site with extra MU settings.
GDPR Cookie Compliance Plugin
The GDPR cookie compliance plugin is designed to enable you to prepare your site for GDPR cookies regulations. The dark side of this plugin is that it will not give your site full compliance as it is just a template. It will require configuration for it to work properly. After installation, this plugin provides a template for color and text modification.
The plugin also offers your users the capabilities to enable or disable your site cookies. Nevertheless, this feature will require bespoke development due to underlying site uniqueness. Here are contentious issues relating to this plugin.
- Note that it will be possible to have a drop of traffic and visitors numbers in your Google analytics account. This phenomenon is attributed by the fact that you cannot track users without their explicit consent. This fact is a GDPR provision. Here the user approves by enabling tracking of third parties and cookies.
- This plugin will require a developer technical support to configure it for proper implementation.
- This plugin offers general functionality. Before application of this plugin, consider seeking independent legal advice on the matter.
Wider Gravity Forms Stop Entries Plugin
This plugin allows every form submission to be stored on your web server. And, you can access form submissions via the admin area. This provision is favorable if you have problems receiving submissions through email. This plugin enables you to easily stop potentially sensitive user data from being stored on your server.
The plugin offers you GDPR compliance by enhancing the privacy of your visitors form submissions. It enables you to choose individual gravity forms you have set up. Then, you can use the admin options to stop these entries from being stored.
Sometimes you may not receive email notifications. It could be a potential problem with your configuration as this plugin does not alter anything in your setup. To confirm this fact disable this plugin and check your email notifications.
WP YouTube Lyte Plugin
This plugin enables you to load your video by plugging a responsive “Lyte youtube embeds.” You can customize the plugin to cache youtube thumbnails.
This configuration improves both performance and privacy. Youtube videos embedded with LYTE don’t require youtube servers to be issued with requests. This feature provides GDPR compliance.
This plugin is entirely multi-languages with support for majority global languages.
The All-in-one GDPR compliance Plugin
This WordPress plugin offers your website all the functionality necessary to demonstrate your initiative towards user data privacy.
The All-in-one GDPR compliance Plugin Features
This plugin has the following features:
- Right to be forgotten: This feature helps you to comply with article 17 of the GDPR statute. This statute requires you to offer data subject the right to have his data erased. The WordPress plugin provides for the user to remove the sensitive data from the WordPress database. It also automatically deletes the same data from third-party services and APIs. While it erases this sensitive data, it maintains the database integrity and all relationships.
- Privacy settings: It provides a page where a user can access personal data and configure own privacy settings. The user can also access you or your digital private officer.
- Subject access request: This feature allows the data subject to have a report of the data you are holding about him. The user can access this report using a dynamic crawler. He can have the report as an HTML, PDF or JSON dump file.
The all-in-one GDPR provides a range of add-ons such as MailChimp, Woocommerce and gravity forms. The plugin integrates MailChimp through a button which completely removes the user from the mailing list. Woocommerce and gravity forms allow sensitive personal data to be removed through dynamic crawler.
WordPress GDPR Plugins
It is essential to adapt your website to comply with GDPR statute before this law goes live. Consider the above list of WordPress GDPR plugins and determine the best fit for your site. You should critically audit the existing plugins library to seek clarification before 25th May 2018. This effort will enable you to ensure that your website is fully compliant.